Frequently Asked Questions

Any members of your household who are over 18, named on the lease, and either lost their job or had their income significantly reduced by COVID-19 may be eligible. If a household member is under 18, or not named on the lease they will not be eligible for this assistance.

Example 1:

You are at least 18 years old, and your name is on the lease. You have lost your job due to COVID-19 and your household hasn’t been able to pay your rent since April 1. Your household will be eligible to apply for assistance.

Example 2:

A member of your household, who is 18 years old but is NOT named on the lease, lost income due to COVID-19. The people who are named on the lease have NOT lost their income. Your household is NOT eligible to apply for assistance.

Assistance funds will be paid to the owner of the rental property, not to the tenant. A tenant who chooses to apply for assistance funds should notify the property owner, as the owner will be required to upload documentation that proves ownership of the property.

At the time that you submit your application, you will be provided with the list of documents that you must submit in order to complete your application. Examples of common documents include:

  • Copy of your lease
  • Copy of unemployment letter (if applicable)
  • Copy of utility bill

A maximum of $3,000 of assistance will be available for a household.

You should provide a letter from your landlord stating that you are behind on your rent and for which months’ rent is past due. If you cannot get a letter from your landlord, you can submit a self-certification that you were unable to pay your rent, including which months you have been unable to pay.

Assistance will be paid based on the total amount of rent on your lease. If the utility payments and/or pet rent are included in your total monthly rent, then yes, they will be included in the assistance amount.

You must provide a copy of a utility bill (water, sewer, electricity) in the name of someone whose name is also on the lease, as well as a copy of the expired lease.

Yes, those living in mobile homes may also be eligible for assistance.

We will check the property against the County of Tulsa’s property appraisal website, If the name of the property owner matches the website listing, the property owner will only be required to provide a W-9. If the name of the property owner does not match the website listing, the property owner will be required to provide a w-9 and complete an affidavit of ownership. The affidavit WILL NOT require notarization.

If the unit does not exist in the County of Tulsa’s assessor site, the unit will not be eligible for assistance.

Your application is complete and you will be placed on the list for eligibility review after you have completed the application, submitted all of the required documents, and your property owner has submitted a W-9. If all of the required documents, including the W-9, are not received within 5 days of the date that you submit your application, you will be required to re-apply for the program.

The property owner will be required to submit a W-9 to prove ownership. A W-9 will need to be submitted for every tenant who applies for assistance.

Unfortunately, there is a limited amount of emergency rental assistance payment funding available. Payments will be made on a first come, first served basis until all available funds are used. There may not be enough funding to assist every eligible tenant/family.

No. This program is only for those in Tulsa County who are behind on their rent payments due to COVID-19.

Tulsa Housing Authority

Creating a better Tulsa by transforming lives and communities.

© 2020 Nan McKay and Associates Inc.
Portal created for Tulsa Housing Authority